Sappho

Slowly, the waves of the ocean

sings their eternal song

and gently the wet spring night

envelops me.

My soul is looking for you.


Oh, come on

little flock of girls!

I want to drink your beauty.

Give your wild hair to the wind,

and put your oars in silence.


My pale child,

give me your mouth

and fed my own crazy fires.

As your red lips are refreshing.

You have not learned how love still feels.


And you,

with your thick mane of red gold buckles

flowing almost to your heels,

like waves of flames,

show me the lights that shine and sparkle

of your eyes. You must not leave me,

for you are as beautiful as the bright sun.


And you two

sister shy and slim

as pale as the moonlight,

with your quiet grief

and your silent pains of love.


With the marble splendor of your limbs

shining like the smooth foam of the waves,

and your hair at night,

you're quieter

than a dream.


Oh bouquet of flowers!

Oh, flock of girls!

I want to drink your beauty.

Give your wild hair to the wind,

and put your oars in silence.

                                                  Nina<3
                                           




Commentaires